C2E2 is well established in clean energy research and is committed to safety. To date C2E2 has an excellent safety record and in an effort to maintain and improve this record C2E2 management, through the Safety and Operations committee has generated a set of operating guidelines for use and operation of equipment in the laboratories at C2E2 and Longley. These guidelines are consistent with those presented in UConn’s EH&S Chemical Hygiene Plan. These guidelines were developed to simplify and facilitate the execution of our responsibilities in the area of developing, promoting, and executing a safe working environment.
Below are important documents that all researchers must adhere to along with required forms to maintain and drive safe work practices within our facilities. It is everyone’s responsibility to comply with the C2E2 Safety Program.
1) Chemical Hygiene Plan – Must read
2) Safety letter dated 6/9/2011. Safety Letter from C2E2 Director – Must read
3) Safety Letter dated 10/26/2012. Safety Letter from C2E2 Director – Must read
4) UConn Work Alone Policy – Must read
6) New Revised Experiment form ver2 – Required to work in the laboratory
7) Workplace Hazard Assessment Form for Laboratories – Required to work in the laboratory
8) Chemical Authorization (CA) form – Required to work in the laboratory
9) Operating Schedule form – Required to work in the laboratory
10) Signature Confirmation Page – Required to work in the laboratory